If the file browser isn't able to find any files, please check the permissions in the application manager. LiDAR VR Viewer needs storage access.
• Developed for virtual reality head mounted displays such has Google Cardboard
• All-native rendering utilizing OpenGL ES 2.0
• Supports point cloud ASCII files
• Colors the points from elevation, intensity or RGB values
• Supports point cloud with normals, rendered as surfel (work in progress)
• Supports point clouds up to few millions points (depends on the smartphone GPU)
• Supports mesh surface Wavefront .obj files
• Control camera movement with Bluetooth controller or touchscreen
Mapping of the controller buttons :
Analog Left stick : forward/backward and strafe left/right
Analog Right stick (if available) : move up/down
Button A/Square : reduce velocity
Button B/Triangle : increase velocity
Button X/Cross : move down
Button Y/Circle : move up
Button L : reduce point size
Button R : increase point size
Button Digital Down : change mesh rendering between surface and wire-frame
Button Digital Left : toggle points rendering
Button Digital Right : toggle mesh rendering
The currently supported input ASCII files are as follows, without header (The columns must be separated by space character : " ")
• 3 columns X Y Z :
1.234 2.567 3.891
• 4 columns X Y Z intensity (float) :
1.234 2.567 3.891 0.2
• 6 columns X Y Z R G B [0-255] :
1.234 2.567 3.891 125 250 135
• 6 columns X Y Z Nx Ny Nz (coordinates + normals):
1.234 2.567 3.891 0.11 0.07 0.91
Testing point clouds available here :
To improve the rendering, check this :
Tested on :
Xperia Z3 Compact and Galaxy S7
LiDAR VR Viewer is a free software application from the Recreation subcategory, part of the Home & Hobby category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-10-26. The program can be installed on Android.
LiDAR VR Viewer (version 3.3) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 24 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.
Here you can find the changelog of LiDAR VR Viewer since it was posted on our website on 2016-11-09.
The latest version is 3.3 and it was updated on soft112.com on 2017-06-27.
See below the changes in each version:
posted on 2016-10-26
- Bug fixes,- Check if permission is granted on Android Marshmallow and above,- Rework of the scalar field coloration,- Bounding box of the points added (it is actually a grid on the XY plane)